The Christmas tree’s been taken down, the candles have been blown out and even the King cake has been eaten. It’s a sure sign that the Christmas and New Year season is over.
I hope you had a good rest and that you have had a good start to 2020! The whole SMWS team and I wish you above all health and happiness – everything else will follow.
For Scotland lovers January is also a month of celebration – around the world people celebrate the birthday (25 January 1759) of Scottish national poet Robert Burns. With so many interpretations, it is sometimes difficult to separate the myth from the man. If you want to read more facts about Robert Burns, I recommend this link.
We are joining in the celebrations on two evenings with Robin Laing – on Friday 17 January at Hotel Hirschen in Erlinsbach and on Saturday 18 January at La Table de Urs Hauri in Bern. There are still a few places left at both locations so if you fancy it, go and book your tickets.
Following this, our tasting sessions across Switzerland will start again in February – I am looking forward to seeing many of our members again.
SMWS Switzerland llc
The Scotch Malt Whisky Society
The Scotch Malt Whisky Society is the world’s foremost authority on single cask, single malt whisky. Only those with Scotch Malt Whisky Society membership have access to our unique, rare whiskies.
The Society only ever bottles whiskies from individual casks or barrels, which means each is exceptional and limited in availability.
Scotch Malt Whisky Society Membership offers many other pleasures and privileges including:
- Member-only access to new whiskies and spirits in our monthly Outturn
- Access to an extensive programme of tasting events with fellow whisky lovers
- Discounted dram prices at all SMWS partner bars worldwide (outside of Switzerland)
- Free subscription to Unfiltered, our award-winning members’ magazine
- A membership box, with three carefully selected 10cl single cask, single malt whiskies and other Society goodies
Now that you’ve dipped your toe in the water, come on in! The whisky’s lovely …