ALL TOGETHER UNIQUE
There’s no such thing as one Society member, just like there’s no such thing as one whisky drinker. Meaning there’s no such thing as one whisky. The most beautiful thing is and remains the endless diversity and variety.
In this edition of Outturn, we’ve put together a selection of whiskies for you from very different casks. Whiskies that have been aged in Moselle wine barrels, in freshly toasted red wine barrels, in lightly toasted oak barrels and of course in former bourbon and oloroso barrels. Each different type of wood gives the whisky a new identity.
If you’re in the mood for something other than whisky, then try our new Cognac LRB1: A trifle delightful, the first Society XO Cognac Blend, or a wonderful 1998 Nicaragua Rum, the R8.6: Nicaraguan WD40 dunderfunk.
As different as we all are, a fascination with premium whisky and other Society bottlings ultimately unites us time and again. See you soon at one of our tasting events or wherever else our paths may cross.
The Scotch Malt Whisky Society
The Scotch Malt Whisky Society is the world’s foremost authority on single cask, single malt whisky. Only those with Scotch Malt Whisky Society membership have access to our unique, rare whiskies.
The Society only ever bottles whiskies from individual casks or barrels, which means each is exceptional and limited in availability.
Scotch Malt Whisky Society Membership offers many other pleasures and privileges including:
- Member-only access to new whiskies and spirits in our monthly Outturn
- Access to an extensive programme of tasting events with fellow whisky lovers
- Discounted dram prices at all SMWS partner bars worldwide (outside of Switzerland)
- Free subscription to Unfiltered, our award-winning members’ magazine
- A membership box, with three carefully selected 10cl single cask, single malt whiskies and other Society goodies
Now that you’ve dipped your toe in the water, come on in! The whisky’s lovely …