In this month we present the first Cotswolds Distillery Society bottling; 146.1: Orangudram. In a short interview, the distillery’s founder and CEO explains how it came about and what makes this distillery so unique. As always, the bottlings from the first barrel of a distillery are extremely sought after and since we only have 18 bottles for Switzerland, we will hold a raffle draw for members.
As a society we believe in the symbiotic relationship between different distillates. This is best shown when barrels of other distillates are used to achieve complex aromas and flavours. For Blended Malt BAT.9: Black Oak, the Armagnac barrels made of black Gascon oak from the A6.1 and A7.1 bottlings were used to develop the whisky’s fruity aromas. Let us surprise you.
You will also find all tasting dates until next June in the hope that we will be able to hold them as before. I am still optimistic.
Have a great time and Slàinte Mhath.
Download Outturn (PDF)
The Scotch Malt Whisky Society
The Scotch Malt Whisky Society is the world’s foremost authority on single cask, single malt whisky. Only those with Scotch Malt Whisky Society membership have access to our unique, rare whiskies.
The Society only ever bottles whiskies from individual casks or barrels, which means each is exceptional and limited in availability.
Scotch Malt Whisky Society Membership offers many other pleasures and privileges including:
- Member-only access to new whiskies and spirits in our monthly Outturn
- Access to an extensive programme of tasting events with fellow whisky lovers
- Discounted dram prices at all SMWS partner bars worldwide (outside of Switzerland)
- Free access to our monthly online whisky magazine “Unfiltered”
- A membership box, with three carefully selected 10cl single cask, single malt whiskies and other Society goodies
Now that you’ve dipped your toe in the water, come on in! The whisky’s lovely …